The Great British Bark Off! Apple fritters for dogs
As today is the final of the Great British Bake-Off, I thought we could show off our baking skills of cooking treats for our four legged pals.
See recipe below:
- 240g of oat flour
- 80g of rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 5 eating apples (no core, peel or pips as these are bad for dogs)
1.Preheat oven - 350F/175c. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Beat the egg
3. Core, Peel & Dice the apples and add half of cup of water, stew the apples until very soft, like a pulp. Remember remove the pips - they are not good for dogs!
4. Mix the applesauce, oat flour and oats in a bowl, add half of the beaten egg mixture.
5. Stir into a dough with a wooden spoon. Now I made mine with bone shaped cookie cutter but you can turn them into a pretzel shape. Take a golf ball sized piece of dough and roll into a stick, then turn into a U shape, then cross the ends over each other to form a knot, then bring ends down to touch the base of the curved U.
6. Place on baking tray, brush with egg with remaining egg mixture.
7. Bake for 25-30mins. They should be quite hard and lightly browned on top.
8. Remove from oven - cool and Enjoy!!!!